Alpha 240 eco flue or fan warning light stays on

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, When I turn on the central heating the boiler will fire up and produce hot water to the rads, after the heating has reached its temperature the burner will switch off.

When the burner shuts down the neon light comes on and stays on until the boiler starts back on again, then the light will go out.

After the light has gone off when the burner starts up again , the light flickers very faintly and sounds if it is shorting.

Is there a fault with the fan or blocked flue :?: :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
For those that might be interested, I had an engineer come a look at the boiler.

He diagnosed that the fan needed cleaning, striped the fan and cleaned it all is well.

I posted a previous thread, reference a problem with having a shower with the water running hot then cold,hot and then cold.

It was suggested that it was the diverter valve diaphragm, but it turned out to be the fan blades being blocked up a bit, which affected the air pressure switch.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back