Alpha C27 boiler pressure keeps dropping over night

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
My alpha c27 boiler pressure keeps dropping most nights over night while its been really cold, any ideas? The only thing is that sometimes there is a little collection of water underneath the boiler (not much water and not all the time)

Cheers
Matt[/url]

Sponsored Links
Expansion vessel.
After you have topped the boiler up to 1 bar and put the heating on. Does the pressure get up to 3 bar? If so expansion vessel.

Expansion vessel.
After you have topped the boiler up to 1 bar and put the heating on. Does the pressure get up to 3 bar? If so expansion vessel.

Yes the pressure does rise up and near/into the red, is it an easy job to fix or will I need to get a plumber in? And if so roughly how much do you reckon it will cost? Thanks

Sponsored Links
Expansion vessel.

Yes the pressure does rise up and near/into the red, is it an easy job to fix or will I need to get a plumber in? And if so roughly how much do you reckon it will cost? Thanks

Use a car foot pump on the expansion vessl when the boiler is low on pressure in the morning. Pump it up to about 1 bar should be ok.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back