Alpha CB24 pressure release pipe leaking slightly

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, the problem is in the title. My Alpha CB24 leaks a very small amount of water out of the pressure release pipe when it is turned on, is there a quick fix for this? Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Cheers guys, i did get the gist of what was being said! Any idea on the part number /cost? Cheers!

If the water doesnt pee out of the pressure release valve pipe then it holds good pressure, problem is i cant get it to stop letting water go.

The red pressure release dial is tight (although the actual release valve is loose but not leaking) so not sure if its a case of replacing or taking off and refitting tightly again. Either way it looks a pain in the arse to take off as it sits in the metal housing at the bottom of the boiler. Do you think the boiler may be shot then?

You may find that clicking the head 4-5 times may stop it leaking but it may also nake it worse.

If only you would answer the question about boiler pressures we could give you further advice.

We dont ask you for fun!

Tony

its sitting at approx 1 bar cold then rising to 1.5 bar when its warm after 10 mins of running the heating..

Ok will do. any ideas on how long the job should take and part cost? Looks tricky as the PRV sits in a metal plate thats connected to the bottom of the boiler...... cheers

r u sure its the pressure relief because these boilers r well known for leaking. but the prv valve takes about 20mins to drain swap then refill. as for price it depends who u get and ask when u call what amount of money the want for call out fault etc

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back