alpha cb28 boiler high pressure.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there, I would be grateful if someone could help with a possible diagnosis of a problem on our boiler.

The boiler started to increase pressure, I drained some water off(via radiator) once every two days or so for a while, but now I'm having to do that twice a day. The filling loop has been left on by the installer.
I have now removed the filling loop from the cold feed end and there is a continuous drip from that end of the loop (while it's off and dripping the boiler pressure drops as drip continues). The pressure builds if heating is on or off. Once the loop goes back on the pressure begins to build again.

I am unable to remove other end of the filling loop because the lugs will not pass the pressure release pipe, I assume the fitter must have fitted valve while the loop was already in place?

Thanks for any help

Sponsored Links
A photo speaks a thousand words....

Sounds like you need a new filling loop though

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back