alpha cb28 boiler problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I've have an intermittent fault with my alpha cb28 boiler.

The boiler can be working fine all day then the next day there is this problem,for example,when hw or ch call it will fire up for 10 sec and then stop and the yellow light flashes repeatedly for 10 secs and then the cycle repeats until it completely stop working,the red lock out light never comes on.If you switch it off for 10 mins then back on sometimes it starts to work again.once it is lit and running there are no problems with HW or CH and will work until it is switched off although it is completely random ????any ideas please hope this makes some kind of sense.

Sponsored Links
Hi all

I've have an intermittent fault with my alpha cb28 boiler.

The boiler can be working fine all day then the next day there is this problem,for example,when hw or ch call it will fire up for 10 sec and then stop and the yellow light flashes repeatedly for 10 secs and then the cycle repeats until it completely stop working,the red lock out light never comes on.If you switch it off for 10 mins then back on sometimes it starts to work again.once it is lit and running there are no problems with HW or CH and will work until it is switched off although it is completely random ????any ideas please hope this makes some kind of sense.
had a similar problem on my alpha,had gas bourd out 4 times,top left corner of boiler there is a alloy tank with a cable going to a terminal which a insulated screw goes through the centre.about 2" long this detects water or dirt in this vessel.

But yours is a different model, Fishing!

Sponsored Links
Been reading through similar faults as mine and a number of times it says about sludge ? What sensor and where would this be detected?

Many thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back