Altech ALTHC014

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have the above wireless thermostat programmed as follows: Week Days: 1 - 4.00 am 17.5 2 - 6.00 am 5 3 - 4.00 pm 17.5 4 - 6.00 pm 5 5 - 6.00 pm 5 Weekends: 1 - 5.00 am 17.5 2 - 7.00 am 5 3 - 4.00 pm 17.5 4 - 6.00 pm 5 5 - 6.00 pm 5 Radiator temperature on boiler is just less than half way. But! It's now 11.45pm on a Sunday night, and the temperature showing on the thermostat is 20.5 and the house is boiling. This is happening at random points during the day. There are no radios obstructing the signal between the thermostat and the boiler. I'm dreading my bills, as I've been trying to solve this since October, and the engineer who fitted it says it is working normally. I hope someone can help me!! :eek:

Sponsored Links
Sorry, What I mean is, thermostat is set to come on at 4am at a temp of 17.5 degrees and off at 6am at a temp of 5 degrees, then on at 4pm at a temp of 17.5 degrees, and off at 6pm at a temp of 5 degrees. I have read a number of times that setting 5 has to match setting 4, so I have this set at 6pm at a temp of 5 degrees as well. Does that make more sense?

Yes, it does make more sense, and it suggests a communications failure, or a controls failure.

What boiler do you have?

If it is not a combi, what control system does it have? (S or Y Plan)

The thermostat maybe working properly, but the controls it is wired to maybe otherwise.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back