Altech for Potterton swap?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm new here so hope someone can help?

My old Potterton EP2000 Central heating controller has just died, so I picked up an Altech 2 channel controller, 3 way valve, room stat and wiring centre as a kit, hoping to replace the old Potterton system.

Obviously the 3 way valve was a straight swap, I don't need to swap the room stat yet ( because the old one still works ok!), but:-

The back plate, wiring on the Potterton EP 2000 has lots more wires on it than the new Altech baseplate, can anyone help me with the set up wiring please?

The Altech has:-

L
N

But the Potterton has:-

A
B
C
D
L
N

Which ones do I reuse and what happens to the excess connections in the Potterton back plate?

Your assistance would be appreciated.
Regards,

Phil

Sponsored Links
Are all the Potterton connections used? If they are then you have quite a rewiring job on your hands - you'll need a separate wiring centre to run all the existing Potterton cables into, then cables from that to your new programmer. A photograph of the existing wiring would help enormously

Andrew,

Thanks for the reply.

Pics of Potterton attached.

White taped wires added recently for Burner L, and Frost stat when I moved bOiler outside.

Potterton connections at connectors 4&5 are the ones I would like to investigate, as Altech controller only has 4 connectors ( not 5?)

Regards,

Phil.

Sponsored Links
I would always start afresh and rewire from scratch.

Then I would know that it is going to work!

Even if you knew what each connection was supposed to be there is no guaranty that it was wired correctly before!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back