Alternative to roofing tiles / Bulding blocks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm going to start building my garage in a few months, but I'm trying to keep the cost down to a minimum. The garage is large triangle shape 30" wide at rear, 14" wide at fron and 30" deep. The garage will have a pitched roof.

The garage is at the side of my house and on the boundary wall so it has to look plesant on the eye.
I read somewhere I think on this forum site that there is a sheet metal roofing finish that looks like roofing tiles, and is cheaper than tiles.
Does anyone have any info on this stuff???

What other cheaper alternatives are there to roofing tiles and block work if any?? Any advice on cutting costs, with a doing a bodge job would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Jim

Sponsored Links
See this for metal sheet roof tile effect.

summerhouse.txt

Precast slab (nut/bolt type) would be cheaper and ask for rejects/seconds(slightly damaged in corner edge and some with hairline crack) I have done this summerhouse out of rejects precast slabs and cover it up with T & G log claddings and nothing to stop you rendering the slab afterward or whatever.Size approx 1.8 x 400mm rejects cost £15 each,new £30 each depending on your supplier.They also do them in brickwork finish.Also saving cost without having to put in footing,you would only need approx 4" concrete base and round the edge where the slab rest on approx 6".

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back