Am I ok to use multi purpose filler to fill this?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm inexperienced at decorating. Am I ok to fill this with multi purpose filla?

I assume I'm ok to but just wanted to check with some people who have more experience to make sure it's safe.

I'll obviously be turning off the electrics in the room for an hour while each layer is setting.

Thanks for any help. :)

icv3gh.jpg

Sponsored Links
You could use a ready-mixed, multi-purpose filler, but you would need to apply it in several layers. allowing each to dry first, to avoid slumping - that is when the filler is too heavy to stay in place and gravity takes over, causing it to sag. There are numerous deep gap fillers out there that will work better, or even just a lightweight filler, like Red Devil, will allow you to apply it thickly enough in one hit without sagging.

Personally, I would prefer to use a powdered filler which sets hard in 30-60 minutes (less if you mix it a bit thicker), allowing you to smooth/trowel it up and leave it. Ready mixed fillers (excluding some of the deep gap products) can take a few days to set properly when applied thickly. Another bonus of powdered filler is that it is also much easier to sand.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back