Amplifier fuses

Seriously, I wouldn't expect much for it and I'd rather it went to a good home than the skip.

Cornwall's a bit of a trek, though.

I also have an old Rotel RD840 cassette tape deck that hasn't worked for years. The electronics are OK; it's the mechanical drive.

Sponsored Links
Wish I’d gotten in quicker but yes, it all points to the rectifier. It would have been very cheap to replace it JBR and if you were in my area I’d have done it for you FOC, but no matter, I’m glad you’re sorted. I also wanted to boast a little about my NAD which I would have recommended if you hadn’t already got a replacement.

NAD, if you don’t know, had a great name. I don’t know if they’re still going but everyone I know who has one is hanging onto theirs; like I am. I think, IIRC, they were British designed but build in the Far East. So you had both the great design and superb quality build.

Together with my Marantz CD player at the time, now defunct, and my Tannoy speakers which are still going strong, I could have filled a large hall with “you make me feel mighty real”. :D

I'm sure there's a joke here along the lines of my NADS, but I can't think of one... :mrgreen:

Cornwall's a bit of a trek, though.
If you ship it make sure the packing is really good. (Most people have no idea how to pack things in a box.) Staples used to offer a shipping service. I don't know if they still do.

Thanks for that encouraging point BT. It might be that, if it is easily repaired as you suggest, someone might be willing to buy it.
Yes, I've heard of NAD, of course, but didn't realise they were still in business.

I don't think I'll be posting it anywhere, Sam. It weighs a ton (not literally, of course) and would probably cost more to send than I'd get for it!

Sponsored Links
You could try this guy:
http://www.digifixltd.co.uk

Dependent on what part of Cheshire you are in.

Thanks for that. Buxton is not exactly on my doorstep, unfortunately. I'm in Cheadle/Gatley.

Richer Sounds in Stockport is more convenient. They do repairs, but charge £40 just for looking at it, plus whatever costs are entailed in the repair. Assuming I could sell it as working, I'm not sure how much I could expect someone to pay and whether it would be worth my while.

OK, I've used him a couple of times. Made it a "day trip" to Buxton. Wife went shopping while I visited the pub. ;)
When our kids were young, we'd go and visit some place nearby where they could run free.

I could certainly call in if we're going down that way, since you recommend him.

I assume, although his web page talks mostly about digiboxes, he can repair other electronic items as well.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back