An absolute joke

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A south London man, who in an unprovoked attack delivered a fatal blow to a pedestrian with Asperger syndrome in southern England, has been handed a four-and-a-half year prison sentence, a conviction the victim's mother called an "absolute joke".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pK8dksAr7Y

Sponsored Links
I agree. An absolute joke. I'm not laughing, though.

If the victim was a relative of mine, I'd wait until the coloured gentleman is let out in a couple of years and make sure I bump him off myself.

Lenient sentences like this are likely to encourage vigilantism.

I agree. An absolute joke. I'm not laughing, though.

If the victim was a relative of mine, I'd wait until the coloured gentleman is let out in a couple of years and make sure I bump him off myself.

Lenient sentences like this are likely to encourage vigilantism.
Coloured? aren't we all some colour?

Sponsored Links
Or what would a van covered in something that absorbed all wavelengths look like as it passed by you in traffic?
A black hole or more accurately a van shaped obstruction to the view behind it.

True black is an absence of all visible colours

• Thanks
Reactions: JBR
Can't open the link as on work computer.

Although it doens't matter the gentleman had Aspergers, as no-one should go unpunished for an unprovoked assault someone else, the sentence is far too lenient.

The chap with Aspergers probably said something to the attacker which he considered to be wrong and lost his life for it.

People with Aspergers often have no sense of danger and in their life things have to be in strict order. They know what is right and what is wrong so with this reduced sense of danger they think they should tell someone when they have/are doing something which is not right. Unfortunately most people don't understand Aspergers and this could be the result.

wonder if the offender would have been so quick with his fists if he knew a short walk to a appointment with the hangman was the likely result.

wonder if the offender would have been so quick with his fists if he knew a short walk to a appointment with the hangman was the likely result.

I completely agree. Unless potential murderers are mentally sub-normal, the likelihood of the hangman's noose must cross their minds.

Hanging would achieve four things:

- Although some would disagree, I believe it would act as a real deterrent.
- We wouldn't have to pay for a life sentence (= five years or so) of free accommodation at one of Her Majesty's four star hotels.
- It would remove a useless waste of oxygen from our planet.
- Perpetrators would not be able to commit murder again once let out of jail.

No, black is not a colour.
How do I describe the colour of my van then?

Of course black is a colour you plonka! :rolleyes:

If your van didn't reflect that wavelength of light, would it be invisible?
Or what would a van covered in something that absorbed all wavelengths look like as it passed by you in traffic?
Whilst you are referring to light (beams of light) I'm talking about paint or solid matter.

Black is a colour. :rolleyes:

No it isn't.

Open any drawing programme that can use colour and you are likely to find three icons: R, G and B. If you want to draw using black, each of the three will show 0 - 0 red, 0 green and 0 blue, ie, no colour.

White, which is the presence of all colours in equal intensity, would be R 255, G 255 and B 255. Anything in between will give a vast array of different colours.

So 'black' is not a colour: it is an absence of any colour.

I was only discussing this with the wife tother day, revenge attacks.

I mean had that been my brother/father etc, i would sit n wait till he comes out of prison and ensure he was given the rest of his sentence.

So many unjust sentences are handed out, im not surprised there's a fking queue of vigilantes bigger than the immigrant queues at Calais just waiting to jump on these type of scum as they leave prison.

No it isn't.

Open any drawing programme that can use colour and you are likely to find three icons: R, G and B. If you want to draw using black, each of the three will show 0 - 0 red, 0 green and 0 blue, ie, no colour.

White, which is the presence of all colours in equal intensity, would be R 255, G 255 and B 255. Anything in between will give a vast array of different colours.

So if I want to make a tin of black paint I just need to not pour any red, green or blue paint into an empty tin and voila.

No it isn't.

So if I want to make a tin of black paint I just need to not pour any red, green or blue paint into an empty tin and voila.

Just buy a tin of black paint!

I think we are arguing about additive and subtractive colours.

Sponsored Links
Back