And its only just starting

Sponsored Links
that's sick.

Just like starving disease ridden infants in africa..

but it's mere mortals like us that watch that and cry for the people... what are PM's and chancellors, and the presidents doing about it? sweet FA i suspect !! :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Quote:'Rather than ensuring as much money as possible goes towards alleviating Third World poverty, ministers have spent hundreds of thousands of pounds on management, legal and IT consultants'

Quote:'humanitarianism is an ethic of kindness, benevolence and sympathy extended universally and impartially to all human beings.'

The human race never ceases to amaze me...dare we even call ourselves human
susie.

Apparently Alarm it is in excess of two million pounds wasted....
I am not just saying it should be spent overseas ....there is a local Childrens Hospice's near me begging for cash...Andrew has posted that he has raised money for a hospital that needs cash....it is the total waste of money that really bugs me.

Each time a starving child appears on TV and some so-called 'star' such as Ewan McGregor pleads with us to donate this or that just strengthens my resolve never to pay a cent to any of these.

You can only go to the well so often. They were putting out this kind of crap years ago so if they haven't sorted things out by now with the money that has been given to these people , and there have been LOTS of money over the years , then it will never happen.

Remember the TV ads ? "Give him a fish and he will feed his family for a day............give him a net and he will feed his family for life". We have been giving out nets for at least 15 years and he still can't feed his family!!. How many nets do these people need !!.

I have a South African daughter-in-law and she told me that at a nearby village to where she used to live , a EU funded charity put in a toilet block. The locals quickly turned the toilet block into a rack where they could put their push bikes.

I feel deeply when I see babies crying for lack of food , but the sad fact is it is happening in our own countries as well.

I know that a lot of people feel as you do C555 but what gets me is that they can take money allocated for aid that is meant to alleviate suffering (regardless of where) and use it to line the pockets of greedy 'fat cat' consultants so they can have another week sailing on the Med and buy their wives another £1000 handbag ....it is contemptible.

I know that a lot of people feel as you do C555 but what gets me is that they can take money allocated for aid that is meant to alleviate suffering (regardless of where) and use it to line the pockets of greedy 'fat cat' consultants so they can have another week sailing on the Med and buy their wives another £1000 handbag ....it is contemptible.

You hit the nail on the head. When I see or hear about ordinary Zimbabweans eating grass and leaves , and that ignorant buffoon that is Mugabe and his henchmen living the life of riley , it would make anyones blood boil. But as you say there Susie , why should we keep dipping into our pockets only to fuel the extravagant lifestyle of the few at the top?. I think if people knew how much money actualy went to where it was intended to go , then donations would all but seize up.

I remember a teacher lecturing us for not eating all our school dinners,quoting the starving Africans and how we were sending money to help them become self sufficient.That was in the 1950s...they've had billions since then and are still in a mess.
If countries like India and China can overcome the starvation of millions over the years (and yes they still have poverty) how come the African states are incapable?

It's all right Mugabe and his ilk mouthing off about imperialism...but Zimbabwe was then known as the bread basket of Africa...it wasn't an African version of North Korea.

Sponsored Links
Back