Anglebead for plasterboard

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does it matter if you use the 'mesh' type or 'plate' type anglebead for making external corners on plasterboard. I'm not skimming the whole surface, I'm joining tapered ends (and corners). Wickes seem to sell the mesh ones for 'plaster' and the plate type for plasterboard. I can't see why there would be any difference, but I'd like to know if there is!

Any help appreciated.

Sponsored Links
No it doesn’t really matter. I mainly use the pressed steel “plate” type as you call it; easy to fix to PB using a staple gun but the mesh ones can be bent more easily & are useful if you need to form them &, as you say, they "bite" better into backing plaster if that’s the base.

If you are not skimming the wall then use the "plasterers corner tape" this is a paper tape that has two metal strips in it that you fold to 90 degrees. It's made for drylining, even the plate type as you call it is too thick for your corners.

Jason

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back