Another 35,000 on the way over?

And who got shut of Saddam, then pulled out leaving the totally predictable anarchy in his stead?

**** off.

Stupid amounts of money was spent on building infrastructure, on training and supplying the army, on policing. Thousands of soilders died because we hung around, if we had just gone in, blown up **** and left, 0 of ours would have died.

I'm not saying we shouldnt help them.

But pull the other one if you think it isnt their own fault, the problem is most of the country won't fight the islamic militants, supports the militants, or are the militants.

Sponsored Links
And now Call-Me-Dave, despite his promises of 'not a boot on the ground', has decided that we will involve ourselves in the Middle-East mess once more, and this after even more proposals (Army 2020) to reduce our armed forces!

We just can't keep our bloody noses out, can we?

We left a third of the globe to their own devices at one time or another. Many of those places descended into chaos post-independence. Several European countries did likewise in other parts of the globe.

Not making the argument about whether those places were better off under British rule (that's a very big debate) but where does our responsibility end?

One could argue that many of the current conflict sites around the world were 'our fault' in one way or another.

The point is we have to be able to draw a line under things at some point. We cannot be held responsible for all that ensued post-colonial rule and neither should we continue to feel 'responsible' for recent conflict zones ad infinitum.

This idea that we are still some sort of 'world policeman' is nonsense. If The US wishes to act in this role then let them. We have enough of our own issues here at home.

Of course any human being would have sympathy for the plight of those who are suffering but we have to realise there is a limit.

Just IMHO of course.

It's just sanctimonious, lefty tokenism.

...and by that I mean granting a few thousand refugees asylum in this country will make f-all difference to the situation in Iraq,or the millions of other refugees...this topic is about refugees, after all.

• Thanks
Reactions: JBR
Sponsored Links
Shocking images. But until they are regularly shown on our daily newspapers and TV news bulletins, nothing will be done to eradicate this evil.

Back