Another vicious dog - another dead child

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Click me
Given that no child should be left alone with any dog, why do people still allow their killer dogs anywhere near their children.

Bonkers. This family will grieve for the rest of their lives all because of a poxy "I'm 'ard" dog.

Dogs can be replaced. Children can not.

Sponsored Links
If they cared that much they wouldn't have taken the risk clearly
But that's the point.
The whole "my dog wouldn't hurt a fly" applies to every daft slobbering mutt. Until of course they are ripping your own child to pieces.
Owners are that stupid that they think their dog loves them and that the dog loves all that they love too. The stupidity is actually quite bewildering.

But that's the point.
The whole "my dog wouldn't hurt a fly" applies to every daft slobbering mutt. Until of course they are ripping your own child to pieces.
Owners are that stupid that they think their dog loves them and that the dog loves all that they love too. The stupidity is actually quite bewildering.

We have 2 dogs, both quite small and even tempered, but even so we would never leave them alone with any child unable to defend themselves.
Even small dogs can give quite severe bites.

Unfortunately as you point out, the owners of some of these large Pit-bull type dogs, are stupid beyond belief.
Prison sentences are required to deter these owners.

Sponsored Links
Click me
Given that no child should be left alone with any dog, why do people still allow their killer dogs anywhere near their children.

Bonkers. This family will grieve for the rest of their lives all because of a poxy "I'm 'ard" dog.

Dogs can be replaced. Children can not.
Apparently the owner of the dog is a copper, and not the family dog, makes it even worse because she should have known better being a cop.
The RSPCA never allow a dog to be adopted with families with kids under 5 and now more rescue centers ask for much older children as they get to know the dog (being boisterous etc). Staffys are an ok breed, but as with all dogs no matter what size, they've got to be trained. I find a lot of people just don't either know how to do this, or don't bother.

Edit to add - Saw some chap yesterday lose complete control of 2 Staffys who broke away and had to step in to help him out - I'd seem him try and walk them for the last few weeks and has no control over them at all. Even as a stranger I got them back under control in moments. Dogs react well to a firm but kind method of training, not screaming blue murder and trying to hit the dogs like this guy yesterday. Makes em scared and scared dogs are unpredictable.

But that's the point.

We can share mutual disgust but that's it. While a person has freedom of choice they will have the freedom to make poor decisions.

Its like kids, its how they are raised & treated, but it does seem to be a certain type of dog which are usually "to blame". I posted a while back that years ago my kids wanted to stroke a golden retreiver, we asked but the owner said no, the dog had been mistreated & was muzzled.

We have 2 dogs, both quite small and even tempered, but even so we would never leave them alone with any child unable to defend themselves.
Even small dogs can give quite severe bites.

Unfortunately as you point out, the owners of some of these large Pit-bull type dogs, are stupid beyond belief.
Prison sentences are required to deter these owners.

I'm not really fond of more stringent laws.. I mean if laws worked in the first place they wouldn't be broken would they haha

I wouldn't leave my 3yo grand-daughter alone with my 10yo Labrador retriever. Just not worth taking any chances.

Did the four month old baby terrify the Staffy?
I wasn't there - were you?
Sorry you took the point too literally - I was giving an example of how some people don't seem to have a clue about dogs and how their lack of training and behaviour towards them can make things worse. Make a dog scared and nervous then you have a nervous dog, upping the chances of things going wrong, even at a later date.

So to leave a dog with a baby or a toddler is stupidity on behalf of the owner and the parent. I've seen a tolddler shove 2 lego bricks up a dog nose and the dog give a warning snap in pain on the second brick.. I've seen an excited bunch of 9 year olds having a sleep over rush into the room and jump on a sleeping dog in the early hours and the dog snap in fear. Kids are kids, dogs are dogs, which is why nobody should leave em alone with each other - until the child is mature enough to understand an animal and the dog very well trained.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry Woodbine, but that comment was insensitive and uncalled for.

Sponsored Links
Back