Answer Phones, do you leave a message?

If you phone a business and get an answerphone, will you leave a message?

• Yes, i always will

Votes: 9 25.7%
  • No, if they cant answer the phone then i cant be bothered

Votes: 26 74.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
If you phone a business and get an answerphone, do you leave a message or normally hang up?

My wife thinks most people will hang up, whereas im not so sure!

(please leave this here mods and dont move to trades as i want to try and get as many answers as possible!)

Sponsored Links
I have answered, but to be honest, if the number is a mobile I generally just leave a missed call and only leave a message on a landline answer phone.

Nick.

i would leave a message only if it was urgent.
otherwise i would call back.

, if the number is a mobile I generally just leave a missed call

Don't phone me then as don't reply to missed calls if I don't know the number

I'll leave a message, but it depends on the reason for the call. If I want a quote from a landscaper now then I may move on to the next number rather than wait.

But it also depends on the message ... "I am on the phone and will ring you straight back" will get a better response to "I will call you back when I get 5 minutes"

Sponsored Links
[thinks]I have read the post but do not wish to leave a reply[/thinks]

if i want the recipient to phone back then yes, otherwise i will phone another time.

i rarely make a phone call unless it is essential.

i text maybe twice a month. :eek: :LOL:

some people are so vain that they can not tolerate the indignation of having their voice replayed and listened to, just in case the listener can pick fault. ffs :rolleyes:

Leaving a message for a business is ok, but a personal house phone call I won't.
If its to someone you know, half the time they are staring at their "caller display" to bin you off if they owe you a favor (or worse money)! :cry:

And just when I thought after a few years of browsing the forum I thought every possible question known to man had been asked! :mrgreen:

As a 'consumer' if I am ringing a company/tradesperson I don't know and I have picked out of phone book I don't leave a message, I just move onto the next one in the book.

However if someone has been recommended I will leave a message saying who recommended them and leaving a quick outline of what I am after any my details. I work on the premis that if they haven't rung me back within 3 days max then I would be unlikely to use them.

Like the idea mentioned above suggesting message be changed to imtimate a quick response if message left.

Hx

There's really no excuse these days for a firm to have to resort to answerphones what with the prolific and cheap availability of overseas call centres to cater for their needs!

There's really no excuse these days for a firm to have to resort to answerphones what with the prolific and cheap availability of overseas call centres to cater for their needs!

Me working in BT British Telecoms center Banglalore India, me and all brothers and cousins totally agree sir! :D

Me working in BT British Telecoms center Banglalore India, me and all brothers and cousins totally agree sir! icon_biggrin.gif

Sorry i didnt quite catch what you said their could you repeat that. :LOL:

"Thank you for calling Virgin media, please hold the line, your call is important to us"

But obviously not important enough to actually answer it.

I very rarely leave a message. I only really phone people at work. I text friends etc.

One occasion recently springs out, I was trying to get through to someone from HR at work. She's our regional HR person, the only one that can do the job. It was very important since none of our staff have been paid any overtime or sick since the beginning of december! So some of them owe us hours, some of them we owe.

Basically we need their names adding to the piece of software on our back office computer, that processes this information. But this woman NEVER answers her phone. I refused to leave a message though, since it was very important, I didn't trust her to ring back. When I eventually got through (2 weeks ago) she told me to email the info. Its still not done. :rolleyes:

One of our staff has just left, oweing us 30+ hours in sick. :rolleyes:

Mood media supply our instore satellite radio, when we need to log a call, no matter what time, it is put through to the "out of hours" message service. Idiots. But I have to leave a message because the satellite reciever is out of tune, and we cant tune it! All customers hear is a garbled noise!

Sponsored Links
Back