Any good?

Sponsored Links
No idea about the Hitachi, but for my two pen'worth I run the Bosch GBH 36 VF-Li, and it's a fantastic bit of kit. Admittedly it's considerably more expensive than the Hitachi (cheapest non-eBay price on the 'net that I've found after a brief search is around £430+vat, here http://www.bexpress.co.uk/pageview.php?page=show_product&ecommerce_stockcode=BOSCHBE0611901R76) but for that you get higher-capacity batteries (2×2.6aH against 2×2.0aH), faster charge time due to them being lithium, a proper interchangeable chuck, and more power than the Hitachi (3.0J impact energy against 1.7J, and larger drilling diameters too). Bosch even reckon it's more powerful than their top-of-the-range 2kg mains unit. Rated maximum drill bit size is 26mm, but I've run a 32mm in it now and then without too much trouble, although that does drain the batteries fairly quickly! The Bosch also comes in a case that's big enough to keep drill bits in with it, that Hitachi case looks barely big enough to get just the drill and charger in it...

Hope this is of some help...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back