Any idea whats this hole is all about (lounge floor)??!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey Guys - recently moved house and discovered a circular hole on my lounge floor? No idea what it is but it leads to plastic tubing which at this point have no idea where it goes or what the purpose is! I have attached photos for your comments/views.

Could this be where a radiator once was...seems unlikely as the original radiator I believe is still in the original location further up from the hole.

I might be daft and it is obvious to some of you, to which I apologise in advance.

Cheers

Ben

Attachments

• hole 1.jpg
    hole 1.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 275
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    97.6 KB · Views: 223
Sponsored Links
ducting for cables e.g. home cinema speakers etc.??

To be honest the gunk in the bottom of the pipe makes it look like it's plastic waste pipe but if that were the case I don't see why they would cut it below the level of the current flooring...If it's trunking it should come out somewhere either in that room or another. Have you got any pics from before you bought the house i.e. while previous occupiers where there - it might give you a clue if you can see where TV etc were located.

Sponsored Links
The floor is uneven and they didn't want to cut the leg of the table/dresser/cabinet. ;)

Cheers Guys - found another hole the other side of the room, suspect they ran a TV cable or aerial under the flooring!

That could be useful then.

I'd suggest a blanking cap - plug etc until you need it.

Back