Any suggestions for gas fire with no flue or external wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am shortly moving into a house that has an old back boiler in the rear room. The flue on this is in the conservatory which is behind the rear room. Replacing the boiler is not a problem as there is enough external wall space to house this.
What I would like is a fire to be put in the front room. I want a gas fire but the problem is the wall I want it on is not external. The other side of the wall is the garage. Also the garage has been built on and there are bedrooms now above this.
I would like to know if there is anyway the flue from the rear room can be diverted. If not, is there a way that an outlet pipe could go into the garage but be extended somehow to go out to the other side of the garage so it comes out externally or could the same be done with a powered flue? Any suggestions would be really appreciated

Sponsored Links
I am shortly moving into a house that has an old back boiler in the rear room. The flue on this is in the conservatory which is behind the rear room. Replacing the boiler is not a problem as there is enough external wall space to house this.
What I would like is a fire to be put in the front room. I want a gas fire but the problem is the wall I want it on is not external. The other side of the wall is the garage. Also the garage has been built on and there are bedrooms now above this.
I would like to know if there is anyway the flue from the rear room can be diverted. If not, is there a way that an outlet pipe could go into the garage but be extended somehow to go out to the other side of the garage so it comes out externally or could the same be done with a powered flue? Any suggestions would be really appreciated

http://www.magiglo.co.uk/fire-duo_power_rear_vent-17.htm

flueless gas fire
subject to room size and air vent
burley do a few

Yea, I was going to mention those, but it will end up as a several page condemenation, arguments, counter arguments, nonsense and half truths.

Burley own Magiglo (my first post) by the way

Sponsored Links
Flueless is pretty dangerous,wouldn`t advise that at all. (open`s can of worms) Seriously only kidding, for flueless gas fires:

Follow the manufacturers instructions.
There must be an air vent in the same room as the appliance,
size of the vent must provide the volume, or more, of fresh air as stated in the manufacturers instructions.
The air vent must be over 1 metre away from the gas fire.
minimum room size must be observed - larger is OK.
gas pressure must be correct.
The fire must never be adjusted or tampered with.
There must be a window in the room where the fire is to be installed that can be opened should the room become too hot.
There is a device incorporated within the gas fire that will shut down the gas supply if it senses a lack of oxgen in the room,so if you decide that that vent is too draughty and tape over it your fire won`t work. Go for flueless. I have 3 they are top banana! :LOL:

There is a device incorporated within the gas fire that will shut down the gas supply if it senses a lack of oxgen in the room

That device did not work (based on what I read) on a fire in Wales that killed family dog and daughter.

I would pass on Fluless fire- too much aftercare and in most cases the enduser cannot be relied on getting the appliance serviced at recommended intervals

There is a device incorporated within the gas fire that will shut down the gas supply if it senses a lack of oxgen in the room

That device did not work (based on what I read) on a fire in Wales that killed family dog and daughter.

I would pass on Fluless fire- too much aftercare and in most cases the enduser cannot be relied on getting the appliance serviced at recommended intervals

All gas appliances can be dangerous, I have fitted 3 in my own home and other private homes with no problems and service them regularly.I`m not saying everyone elses points are not valid because they are. To Op: At end of day, fit what you think is safest for you and your family.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back