Any Suggestions For The New Kitchen???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Am doing the kitchen, have come up with this design so far, the only difference from the images are...

1. Extractor, now an Elica Glide with slide out glass canopy housed in flyover unit.

2. 3 off flyover units above the breakfast bar that's against the wall.

3. Floating shelves between the two windows.

Carcasses are from acheivestylishliving.co.uk & doors are Second Nature Kitchens, wortops are solid Walnut, HC1100 boiling water & filtered cold tap, Franke Granite sink, Zanussi gas through glass hob & built under double oven, built in DAB invisible radio, under cabinet LED tape lighting.

Any opinions or suggestions gladly accepted.

View media item 15504 View media item 15505View media item 15506

Sponsored Links
Looks good Mark, the only thing I would change if possible and it were me! is to not have the breakfast bar facing the wall, I'd have an overhang on the back of the main units coming out into the kitchen by the door and put the lost floor units in the space where the breakfast bar was.

In the image they've placed wine and glasses like it's where you would likely sit if someone was cooking or washing up etc.

Gob's

That's the only thing we were unsure about to be honest. The breakfast bar area was really just an area for the kids to sit & do art & stuff whilst I'm cooking. We are going to bring it around so it's an 'L' shape so it runs under the window also.

Reason for having it against the wall in the end was so I didn't have kids stuff strewn over the worktops whilst cooking.

turn the tall unit sideways ( or loose it altogether ) and put in a "diner booth" .. or a table and chairs..

it's kind of like "the naughty corner" as it is now...
"go sit over there facing the wall while I cook, I need to keep and eye on you"...

Sponsored Links
Hope you don't mind me asking Mark...

That achieve-stylish-living site looks good. Did you opt for them on price / quality / a combination / something else?

Can I also ask why you got the doors from elsewhere and not the same retailer?

Looking good though, please do post finished pics when you're done.

Mark, I have fitted many kitchens and your layout is good for less traffic. This is my opinion, the floor oven can be very awkward for bending down and lifting to the worktop plus I have seen people tripped over the oven door when down because when they put the food on the worktop they forget the door is still down. I always have an oven housing so the door when down is the same level as the worktop for so much easier handling plus you can see how the food is cooking without having to bend down to the floor.

Hope you don't mind me asking Mark...

That achieve-stylish-living site looks good. Did you opt for them on price / quality / a combination / something else?

Can I also ask why you got the doors from elsewhere and not the same retailer?

Doors, units are from Acheive Stylish Living, worktops will be from Worktop Express.

Mark, I have fitted many kitchens and your layout is good for less traffic. This is my opinion, the floor oven can be very awkward for bending down and lifting to the worktop plus I have seen people tripped over the oven door when down because when they put the food on the worktop they forget the door is still down. I always have an oven housing so the door when down is the same level as the worktop for so much easier handling plus you can see how the food is cooking without having to bend down to the floor.

We did try to pop a high level oven in, but we just couldn' make it work for us.

Hey.
Mark Elvin. i read your problem releated to the new kitchen i think the kitchen should have at least two window beacause it helps in the emergency cases and the main matter is that all furniture is made from the stone or still beacause of if the problem of fire it is not work and the other important is that the colour of kitchen is tottly different from the bedroom or any room. :)

Looks good Mark, the only thing I would change if possible and it were me! is to not have the breakfast bar facing the wall, i'd have an overhang on the back of the main units coming out into the kitchen by the door and put the lost floor units in the space where the breakfast bar was.

The other thing you could do is replace the double highline unit on the back of the peninsula (looks like a 1000mm) for a wall unit (300mm deep)and put some legs on it. This will also give you enough of an overhang for two stools whilst still giving you some storage, you would still leave the unit next to the wall and the curved unit untouched. this unit can be glazed with lighting inside for some extra impact at night time.
The kitchen itself looks pretty good so, well done! :D

The units on the back of the peninsular are 300mm deep units already, except for the one next to the wall, that's 600mm deep unit (guinea pig food, hay etc).

We really need the space on the back of the peninsular to have cabinets as at the moment we are royally screwed for storage

Oh well, naughty corner it is then!
Or maybe a table at the end of the peninsula like this? if budget and space allows?
just thinking out loud.
Either way, good luck!
M.

That's the same as in this brochure.http://publishing.yudu.com/Freedom/Ag21o/TheKitchenDesigner20/resources/index.htm?referrerUrl=http%3A%2F%2Fuk.mg40.mail.yahoo.com%2Fdc%2Fblank.html%3Fbn%3D975.45%26.intl%3Duk

yeah I completely agree. I wouldnt have the breakfast bar facing the wall either, unless there was a window or something to look out of. Otherwise it just makes the space seem sort of closed.

other than that i think it looks great!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back