Anyone else sick of reading Nest & Hive threads??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
C'mon*****DIYers if you've never wired a single thing ***** how **** do you think you can wire any of the above???!!
Call in a pro, don't be a PITA & have your chin on their shoulder all day **** off down the Pub & let them get on with it.

Abuse deleted. Lose it please.
Admin

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
:sleep::cry: wonder if people would come back and say they have fried their £180 .thats the problem i think , because people think it doesn't happen ( because its never mentioned ) so their willing to have a go but of course people aren't going to admit that :oops::oops::)

Some do have quite a good understanding how their heating systems work, and also a reasonable knowledge of circuitry. They have figured out about 85% of it out for themselves and just want a bit more understanding, or confirmation of something.

Then there are those that haven't got a clue and their answers to our questions prove that. They can't understand why their original programmer has 'X' number of terminals and the new one has 'X' plus or minus a few.

Having said that most I have helped come back on and say that it's working. Perhaps those that don't reply at all are the ones that have fried it.

Sponsored Links
They have their uses... nice to be able to put the heating on remotely, if you're coming back home earlier than expected on a bloody cold day/night and likewise... can turn it off if you've "managed" to stay over somewhere, unexpectedly... although it'd probably be the last thing on your mind in that circumstance! :whistle::sneaky::LOL:

I started a Hive thread! :) I've got most of it figured, but just wanted confirmation on a couple of things which Stem has helped with.

Installation wasn't an option for some reason on my single channel version. BG are also quoting upwards of 2 months before they can fit, and most electricians/central heating installers don't want to know because its generally quick and easy, and they're too busy with larger jobs which make more money. I know as I tried to find someone to install

It's amazing the amount of people who moan about having to give out DIY advice on a DIY forum. For some reason seems to be more prevalent on the Plumbing & CH sub-forum than anywhere else, not sure why.

Almost certainly the reason for an influx of Hive questions is it was a Black Friday deal in many places, £125-£140 down from £180 (no install).

Give it a few more days and you can go back to moaning about people asking for help changing a rad valve.

electricians/central heating installers don't want to know because its generally quick and easy, and they're too busy with larger jobs which make more money. I know as I tried to find someone to install
sorry but there quick money earners so don't know why your having problems to find someone ,lets cut the bullsh!t its more like they don't want to part with the money for install , thats fair enough but some people need to know their limitations before they waste more money or injure themselves .

definately fed up with the same questions over and over again the hive or nest is a switch exactly the same as the existing programmer that you have its a complicated switch admittedly but at the end of the day it is a switch

I think the Mods should ban them from here & move them onto the Sparks forum. If they're confused now, they'll be completely bonkers after trying to get advise from the Wire Pullers.........:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

25 threads on page one of plumbing section, of these 7 about Nest or Hive:sleep:

I get the message guys, sorry to trouble you. Was new to this forum and thought I'd just ask...

Rick, do a search here for Nest or what you have. Related treads are multiplying at exponential rate. The controller is nothing special that requires umpteen threads.

Look at the boiler manual and see what is required to run the boiler, Nest is just a switch, be it a smart switch that loops two boiler contacts.

its the attitude of a lot of these posters with " I can wire a simple stat but its just these last two wires I don't know where they go" or "I am not paying someone to connect 4 wires when I can do it myself" when they obviously cant.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back