Anyone ever used Baufix paint, general question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have seen this Baufix paint in leaflets from Lidl and was wondering whether they are any good

Sponsored Links
I have seen this Baufix paint in leaflets from Lidl and was wondering whether they are any good

Yes their Window and Door paint is really good as it does not crack or flake like many other makes in bad weather.

well, if it`s German - it probably is good . Years ago Which? magazine tested Woolworth`s gloss - said it was good . I bought some for my front door and it did last well :idea:

Sponsored Links
The new range of Wickes paint comes from Germany - probably Baufix.

July 8th Lidl are selling some more Baufix paint. They have All-Purpose protective Paint (white - highly weather resistant) but do not have the original Window and Door paint although Baufix still make it.
I am waiting for a reply from Baufix to explain how similar the two products might be.
The Window and Door paint is elastic and the brushes can be washed out in water which suggests to me that it is acrylic.

Yes The Baufix Wood Preserver is very good. It comes in a a one gallon tin ie 5 litres - The tin is very sturdy and preservative the product lasts for a full year in the tin.
I Like Baufix a number of reasons:-

1) although it has an odour it does not stink of solvent like old fashioned Creosote.
2) It is a thin liquid and washes out of brushes in ordinary tap water leaving your brush fairly clean.
3) It costs only £10 for the gallon (5 liters)
4) When timber is inserted into a bucket and Baufix poured in the timber readily soaks up the presetvative - I found that my pine timber drew the Baufix 4 inches up the dipped ends - very impressive.

PROBLEM: - you can only buy it in Lidls and according to the manager in my local store in Cwmbran Lidls only stock it in the Summer time.

If anyone know how I can buy more please post here.

Mel Torfaen Honey

Since my last post about Baufix wood preservative ~I have found an online company who sell a non toxic wood preservative which is pretty much the same as the German Baqufix preservative usually available in Lidls, shops. The trouble with Lidls , is that they only stock the Baufix wood preservative in the Summer.

lifetimewoodtreatment do not even charge for delivery within Britain.
Here is the link to their website:-

http://www.lifetimewoodtreatment.co.uk/store/listCategoriesAndProducts.asp?idCategory=3#.UOtNpuQ3vcc

Mel Torfaen Honey

I recently bought a 1 litre can of Baufix Express satin gloss white paint. It's very thin and drippy and requires at least two coats to cover properly. I painted a radiator with it and had to keep going back to remove the runs. Sanding between coats is recommended too which suggests the manufacturer doesn't have much confidence in its adhesion.
It's cheap though and you get what you pay for, which isn't much.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back