Anyone using LED undercabinet lights?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking for some under kitchen cabinet lights.

Is anyone using anything in LED or CFL that gives a warm enough light that is bright enough to provide suitable light for worktops? Don't want them floodlit - just enough to see what I'm chopping (clearly!)

As an aside, on looks ...
I don't really go for the triangular, glass covered things that are out there. Would prefer something neat, tasteful but without fuss. Kitchen is white, worktop grey, appliances are stainless steel.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
The type of under cupboard lights i use most frequently is the T4 or T5 fluorescent link lights. They give a very good spread of light however you really need a cornice on the underside of the cupboard to hide them. They come in varying lengths and colour temperatures so shop around a little to make sure you get the colour you want.

Righto, i have a feeling Aurora do some fluorescent fittings that have a triangular profile so they fit against the wall and under the cupboard. Similar idea to the link lights but designed for use without a cornice. In my opinion the CFL fittings are better then the LED fittings as they give a better spread of light. Steer clear of any halogen fittings though as the lamps won't last 5 minutes as the heat doesn't have any where to go.

Sponsored Links
No one actually using LEDs under cabinets, then?

I am really at the cutting edge?!

No one actually using LEDs under cabinets, then?

I am really at the cutting edge?!

In the tlc link it made me laugh at the fact that they use the term "Taylor" made I think they are looking for "tailor" made. unless your spark is called Taylor.

Any image? sounds like a good solution for those who struggle cutting cornice strips me included. 1mm out and it looks like the grand canyon.

In the tlc link it made me laugh at the fact that they use the term "Taylor" made I think they are looking for "tailor" made. unless your spark is called Taylor.

Any image? sounds like a good solution for those who struggle cutting cornice strips me included. 1mm out and it looks like the grand canyon.

bring on single colour sheets of LEP plastics..

cut to size and sticky back to the underside of the cupboards...

it would be great...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back