Apollo Fanfare

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have got the Myson Apollo fanfare boiler and have put up with this banging described by others especially in the morning where it comes on for 30 seconds then sounds like Cozy Powel switches off and then Cozy starts again for several minutes until it finally it gets going.
I was advised by my maintenance contract firm on several occasions to have it POWER FLUSHED at a cost of £600. I decided to do this myself and flushed the system and cleaned out each radiator, NO Difference.
Finally after telling my maintenance firm that it didnt need a flush they agreed to change the thermostst inside the boiler. FANTASTIC no more banging.
I know that on my small estate they all have this boiler, do you think i should warn them as the engineer told me that most of the houses on the estate suffer from this problem, what do you think?

Sponsored Links
I have a apollo fanfare as well its 20 yrs old now and the only trouble with banging noise is when i have drained down and refilled ,are you sure you haven't got a air lock.Just read the date of the first post oops.

The faulty stat your refering to is the pump over run stat and it is a very common fault on thorn/myson appollo`s and always shows up on initial fire up .. Amazing how many people miss it £20 part and twenty minute fix.. Would not be a bad idea to inform neighbours etc a these are a good boiler... Fans are getting stupidly expensive at around 300 quid

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back