Apple mac vs PC's

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am not a whizzkid, I was talking to the blokes at work who have macs (I have a PC). They told me that they don't put security on their computers cos no-one hacks macs. Can this really be true?

Sponsored Links
Not true - all computer systems can be, and are, hacked. It's relatively easy for mindless morons to hack MS based systems so it suffers more that Apple

The biggest security issue with any machine is the user !

However, the very default design of those systems can and do go a heck of a long way to make it difficult for an attacker.

Windows from the very outset was never designed to be a multi-user Operating System. That was "bolted on" later.

BSD (Mac) and Linux were from the outset "multi-user" (Unix) and as such are by default much more secure.

Sponsored Links
The apple computer was first designed as a hacking machine to make hacking pc's easier.It's birth as a different computer system was accidental.
It very difficult to introduce a virus to a mac unless the user does it thru ignorance.
Have been running a mac for over 20 years now and never had a virus to date.
You don't have to choose these days, you can also run pc programs under Xp, Win 7 etc at the touch of a key on a Mac.

Mac computers no longer exist, they all use the same hardware now.

The operating system is different, there are several versions of mac operating systems, like there are versions of windows, they all have a low market share.

They may or may not be more secure, the main defense is that people just dont write many viruses for them.

No point in not having virus/malware checkers, good free ones are available, processing power is cheap, seems stupid not to have one installed.

Back