aquadis meter and stopcock

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
not come across one of these before, and the customer isn't sure how to shut off his water in the street. how does it shut? any special tools? need help with this one. cheers.

Sponsored Links

I went to a property yesterday with this water meter and stop tap. Installed by Severn Trent. Now guys... it was past 6pm and I didn't want an emergency team from Severn Trent out to me as I have had stop taps break on me before.

This meter comes with a little key but I couldn't turn it either way with a medium amount of pressure. I was worried I might break it... so does anyone know which way you turn to close? It might sound a daft question, I know which way a tap turns to close, but I have come across some ¼ turn boundary taps close the 'wrong way'.
Cheers

Sponsored Links
Righty tighty....

But these are shyte and seize up.

What will happen is you'll round off the splines where the socket the key fits onto joins the stop cock.

Call the water board out and let them deal with it.

I have though in the past managed to get a meaty set of pliers down there and turned it that way - but called the board out at the same time.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back