Aqualisa Digital Shower - Pressure issue?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have an digital shower. It has been working fine for a while, last year we changed the boiler from a old open vented to a pressured system.

In an ideal world this meant changing the electronic unit of the shower. However we tried it with some pressure reducing valves to lower the pressure going into the box. It all worked well up to a point, now it has started dribbling in from the shower head.

Although it is loosing some water from the hose connection on the wall.

Can anyone suggest some ideas for diagnosis? Would it be the unit has failed? Pressure reducing valves not releasing sufficient pressure?

Sponsored Links
Hi Yellowplum,

The pumped processor is designed to work on a low pressure system. Even if you have used pressure reducing valves I'm afraid this will not lower the pressure enough to make it compatible with a high pressure system.

What has probably happened is the pressure has slowly forced the valves to open slightly, causing the valves to let-by. This would explain the dribble.

You would need to purchase the high pressure processor to rectify this problem. You can order a processor by calling our customer service team on 01959 560010.

Kind regards
Clare @ Aqualisa

You say you've changed the heating system from open vented to sealed (pressurised)?

Or do you mean you have changed the vented hot water cylinder to an un-vented mains pressure cylinder?

Sponsored Links
Perhaps Clare can explain the physical differences between the two units other than the pump module which is connected using a 15mm spigot? ;)

Sorry for the late reply, was away - as far as I am away the only difference is the pump but maybe someone knows more.

The boiler system changed from an open vented to a pressured system boiler with a twin coil cylinder. Hence why in theory you should change the unit from being a pumped to a non pumped.

They are a few pounds short of £300 which is roughly the cost of the shower a truly obscene amount of money to spend on a unit.

I know at standing pressure the reducing valves show around 1.5bar which is what the unit should be expecting. However when you turn the shower on you get only 0.3 and 0.5 of a bar which I think is too low for flow pressure.

Nope Yellow, if your hot water cylinder had been changed from an open vented to un-vented then the hot water would be at mains pressure'ish - and you would changed from a low pressure (pumped) to a high pressure (no pump) setup

The fact you've just changed the Central & HW heating system and boiler from vented to sealed (pressurised) has no bearing on the delivery pressure of the HW therefore the pumped shower unit would stay the same.

However it has gone from Gravity fed to Pressured hence why Claire tells you to change the box.

Saying that - I did find this article, the unit has a button internally to change it from mains to gravity pressure. On the last page it is suggested to alter that. I also did find somewhere, somehow you can turn off the pump too. Still trying to find that one.

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/...t=Aqualisa+Axis+Digital+-+naked+photos!&mid=0

A silly question...but is there not a dial on the processor to change from low pressure to combi? There is on mine but it's probably a different model.

I know the new black module has one, but I am not sure of the old grey one. I will take a look by implication I think it has one too.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back