Aqualisa Quartz shower pump no longer runs on boost

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My son and girl friend moved into their house about 3 years ago. The existing shower is an Aqualisa Quartz model and the processor box is grey. My understanding is that the grey box was superceded with a black box several years ago, so it will be well outside any warranty.

Recently the pump no longer started when the ‘boost’ button was activated, but the buttons are lit when pressed.

I contacted Aqualisa and the suggestion was there might be an air lock, so I carried out the process to clear a possible air lock, but the pump still does not start when the ‘boost’ button is pressed.

I took the cover off the processor box and observed what was happening with a digital multi meter. There is a circuit board in the middle of the processor box which applies AC volts to the pump when the boost button is pressed, but the pump does not start. As far as I can remember, the level was about 130 V ac at the pump connectors.

I’d like to get the shower working for them as cost effectively as possible, so I’m looking for any help trying to identify the problem. I’ve googled extensively, but can’t find any info on the processor internal circuits, so my questions are:

1) is 130 V ac the correct level to be applied to the pump connectors or has the switching circuit board failed in some manner ?

2) if 130 V ac is the correct level, does that mean the pump has failed ?

3) is there some other mechanism in play that is preventing the pump from starting ?

4) is there any info in the public domain on the processor internal circuitry ?

Thanks for reading and any help
Geoff

Sponsored Links
You've probably done this, but I'd check that the inlet filters are clear.
The schematic is probably only available from Aqualisa.
Other than that, you can get processors on eBay relatively cheaply.
There is also an eBay seller advertising a repair service for £48 - search eBay for aqualisa processor

Thanks for the suggestion - I have not yet checked the inlet filters, but sounds like it might be worth doing
Also thanks for the heads up on the Ebay repair service

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back