Aquapanel type products fixed without battens

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All, I have some of the old tiles fixed with cement and then tiled over with later ones to remove.
I will end up with bare brick at the end, I want to use a backer board (insulated if possible) fixed direct to the brick (uninsulated cavity wall) the makers of Aquapanel say fix to battens but that will be too deep. I have however fixed Aquapanel direct to the wall with adhesive / plaster and then secured with screws on small areas before and it worked fine.
I really want to end up with the panel flush with the existing plaster above the tiled area, can anyone suggest another product that might be better please?

I did wonder about this, http://www.pureadhesion.co.uk/marmox-1250x600x10mm-insulated-tile-backer-boards.html

Sponsored Links
Yes you can fix marmox straight to a wall, there's some instructions (dot and dab then drill where the dots are and prod the special fixings in). Stuff is v light and good surface to tile on.

Thank you for replying oldbutnotdead.(y) I saw the video showing that you fix in the dot and dab positions, it looks ideal
Not sure what they are using for the dot and dab, what do you use?
Best wishes,
footprints.

Sponsored Links
Great thanks for the link.:)
All the best. footprints.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back