Architect costs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What's the going rate for Architect fees, had a couple of quotes both around £8000 for a end of terrace, full height rear and side extension with new roof [no loft conversion].

Sponsored Links
Whaaaat? My fee would be about £2k for that. (don't get excited - I'm too far away) Try a couple of local chartered building surveyors or architectural technicians. (but make sure the technicians have PI insurance)

For a job such as this you really just need a one man band architectural technician and prices you should be looking at something like £500-£1000 for Planning and the same again for Building Regs. All other fees (Local Authority and structural engineers) on top. Can’t be any more precise as the info is too scant. But certainly a hell of a lot less than your £8K architect who is overkill for this kind of thing. I wouldn't be too worried if they didn't have PI if it was someone doing private work in their evenings etc.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back