Architectural Technologist Fees

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Would appreciate opinions on this quote...

I'm planning to add a single storey, two room, pitched roof extension to my existing home, a bungalow, which would add about 25 sq. m. extra floor area. Although I've requested several quotes from CIAT registered Architectural Technologists, I've only received one quote (so have now sent out for more).

Can I ask if this seems like a reasonable AT fee for the work involved: £1800 not including VAT, for all work up to and including building regs. application? As a matter of interest, are there regional variations with such fees - I live in SE London/NW Kent?

There are a few possible complications in that a pitched roof would likely be over the 4 m. (PD?) height limit and there are definitely build over/build near public sewer issues to the side and rear of the planned development. And a Party Wall agreement may be necessary.

Additional council planning fee, building regs, plan check and inspection fees, structural engineer fees, Thames Water sewer build over/build near fees, Party Wall agreement fees are not included in the quote, evidently.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Sponsored Links
Personally I wouldn't bother about techys in the various institutions but then I'm biased I suppose but I've known enough to know that being a member of whatnot isn't worth toffee!

Anyway I would prolly be about £1100-1300 + any LA fees, SE fees, any work for any Build Overs apart from a calls to establish drain runs, any works for any PW agreements.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back