Are Aldi Powercraft any good?

Also, some of the 10" angle grinders are made by Wolf.

I can buy a lot of Aldi for the advertising costs of the Bosches of this world and I wouldn't be surprised if they ware all made in the same China factory.
Wolf don't make anything any longer AFAIK (the name disappeared after Kango-Wolf were taken over by AEG in the late 90s) - it is now just a label stuck on generic Chinese carp. Whilst Bosch do manufacture in China it is in their own plant, not some back street operation. As to quality a blue Bosch SDS will run rings round your Aldi tools - more powerful, more reliable and parts generally available for 15 to 20 years - but at a price (and not the ridiculous £250 for an SDS you quoted - unless it was a cordless -although all the tradetools I've bought in the last few ğears have a 2 or 3 year warranty on them so why you'd be paying for anything other than abuse after 6 months use is anyone's guess). Horses for courses, I'd say.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
I've got an Aldi air compressor , over 6 years old. The manifold fitting broke (common fault) but they're now available on Ebay for under £10. Awful quality metal but rest of compressor is fine

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back