Are Brakefit pads any good ?

Sponsored Links
I've no experience with this make, and can't compare prices but with cheaper stuff the pads are fine but the discs corrode like there was no tomorrow, and can need replacing in as little as 12 months depending on how often the vehicle is used.
John :)

Again, its the disc corrosion that gets me - especially the rears on vehicles that don't do a highish mileage to keep them clean.
My favourite just now is Blueprint, and I trust all of their products from brake stuff to filters.....I really do think they are a cut above.

Sponsored Links
I'm heavily involved with a British Super Bike support series race team & it might knock you sideways, but this season more than one top flight race team was found to have fake Brembo parts in its spares stock.

This is a measure of how far the fake market has infiltrated.

Brake parts, or any safety critical components are easily faked & it seems the better fakes are the ones that infiltrate the market furthest.

It's everywhere mate.....I've seen ' Quinton Hazell ' track rod ends that looked as if they were hewn out of railway lines - in fact they probably were. These were for a truck, too.
Bloody scary, fitting crap like that.

They buy 100% genuine 'Brembo' parts off eBay for 99p . . . then slag Brembo off when they don't perform?

Jeez, I don't know.

I stopped trying to help them many years ago. When you finally get through to them that maybe, just maybe, you might possibly have bought a pile of 99p crap, they go off & buy another pile of 99p crap . . . . 'cos apparently, it's cheaper that way?

Mintex go back to the year dot, and I'm sure what you are buying are genuine.
Competition results in price lowering and no doubt there's a reduction in quality to some degree, maybe in the choice in materials used in the fabrication of their products.
If you are happy with Mintex then stay with them...they are cheap enough to replace at the end of the day.
Curiously enough, I haven't found one vehicle manufacturer better than others......Audi A1, inner disc surface rusty as hell at 30,000 miles. 64 plate Nissan Juke, pads delaminating from the back plate, Honda Jazz 10 plate, rear discs so rusted the pads wouldn't come out. Skoda Yeti, rear discs showing corrosion in 7000 miles (and that one is mine :eek:)

I kept the Mintex pads and also got a set of Brakefit pads in compensation for being sold a returned item.

The Brakefit pads have arrived and have anti-squeal shims fitted whereas the Mintex don't.

May just put the Brakefit pads in to see how they do.

Sponsored Links
Back