Are the Tories toughing up?

All the the Tories talk of denying migrants benefits is a lot of hot air, for a start if migrants are required to pay the same rate of National insurance, income tax, VAT, fuel tax ect. as every one else then how can the government turn round and say to a migrant ok you have to pay the same taxes as us but you cant have the same level of benefits simply because you are of a different nationality, that would be blatant discrimination.

yes off course its discrimination in the same way you cant get on a london bus without a oyster or contact card
or you have to pay for your shopping at sainburys
or you need a passport to travel
you work by the rules as long as they are legal

• Thanks
Reactions: JBR
Sponsored Links
Last year I wanted to fly from Edinburgh to London, but unfortunately I couldn't ,, because I don't have a UK passport. Ended up having to drive there (all without a passport) So why can't I get on an aircraft on an internal flight without a passport? I'm not crossing any international borders FFS.

Last year I wanted to fly from Edinburgh to London, but unfortunately I couldn't ,, because I don't have a UK passport. Ended up having to drive there (all without a passport) So why can't I get on an aircraft on an internal flight without a passport? I'm not crossing any international borders FFS.

Is that airline policy rather than a law?

Is that airline policy rather than a law?

yes airline policy
some will accept any photo id[bus passes library passes]
others want official documents like passports driving licence

Sponsored Links
Flew from London City to Edinburgh a few weeks back. I use BA and they DO NOT require a passport for such an internal domestic flight.

However, I saw that Sleazyjet DOES require photo ID

All down to the airline

Flew from London City to Edinburgh a few weeks back. I use BA and they DO NOT require a passport for such an internal domestic flight.

All down to the airline

So jockscott could have flown to Scotland if he'd have chosen a different airline.

All down to the airline

So jockscott could have flown to Scotland if he'd have chosen a different airline.

In a nutshell - yes

That's true. We have just returned from a European holiday and our passports were necessary in order to fly. I somehow doubt that my photo-driving licence would have been acceptable!

What happened to the EU and its 'open borders'?

All down to the airline

But he wanted to fly to London!

All down to the airline

Okay, to clarify...

Same for the return journey. Flew out of London City to Edinburgh on the Thursday then back from Edinburgh to London City the following Tuesday. No passport required on my BA flights.

For work, my employer of the time paid for the flights, I have flown return from
Glasgow to, Leeds [ on about a dozen or more occasions]
Glasgow to both of the Northern Ireland Airports, George Best + Aldergrove now called Belfast International
Prestwick to Stansted.
Glasgow to Portsmouth.
Glasgow to Stornaway.

I would hate to even briefly contemplate my Carbon footprint, let alone my Diesel use getting around insurance claims and meetings?

All of the above were accessed using a Driving License as a photo ID, NO passport in sight?

I suppose it is down the individual carrier as to what they want by way of ID?

One odd thing? I needed to renew my passport, but I was not called on to supply a Photo. What happened was that Passport Authority accessed the DVLA Database and used the photo stored there and placed it into the passport.

Ken.

Ken,

The new(ish) idea is that your photo is held digitally on the government database and is then used for various applications including driving licences and passports.

Great idea as it saves all the fecking hassle of going to one of those photo places.........

Costs enough to get these documents without the added cost of the photos!

IMHO anyway..

B

I have recently applied for a passport. What a bloody hassle. They wanted my birth certificate (lost that years ago) Had to go into Edinburgh and get a copy. Then 2 passport sized photos. and find someone of public standing to countersign one ( Doc wanted £30 to do this) Eventually my local pub landlord signed it (he's known me for years) for nothing. Oh , then try just sending it off?? No chance, the chap doon the post office says it needs checking ( Like I don't know what I'm doing) Then it needs sending by special delivery, because the people at the post office know what passport applications look like and might steal my details and commit identity theft (best of luck to oor postie, he'll need it with my financial record) FFS £70 odd quid just so I can take the missus to bloody Spain for a week.. Hope it's worth it. ;) ;) ;)

jockscott, hi

The Passport will be HAND DELIVERED! to your home by a courier who will require your signature ?

They do not send it by post!

That is why it costs so much to get, it is all down to the cost of the Courier?

Ken

All down to the airline

Okay, to clarify...

Same for the return journey. Flew out of London City to Edinburgh on the Thursday then back from Edinburgh to London City the following Tuesday. No passport required on my BA flights.

I know. I was just being bloody awkward!

Sponsored Links
Back