Are there any good flue gas analysers?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What are the opinions about flue gas analysers. I have a Kane 400 which would just not switch on today. Bit of a pig. When I first got it, it went back twice within the guarantee period for repair/recalibration with two different faults. It is a pain to set up the header information for the printer and to set the time and date. (These are "features" I am reliably informed by the sales rep).

Who has an analyser they are impressed (favourably) by? And which model is it? When I am in the spares suppliers I see them going back for repair frequently.

MOD

moved as posted in wrong forum

Sponsored Links
I've had a testo 325 which i was impressed with.
changed to a telegan sprint because the 325 didn't do diff pressure at the time (it does now)
changed from the sprint (because it was terrible) back to testo but went for the 330. best of them all so far but expensive initial layout.

got a telegan sprint 3000xt. Does the fga stuff and differential pressure so means I can setup a condensing boiler with one piece of kit.

The oxy sensor went duff in the 11th month and they replaced it FOC and gave it a service at the same time.

i need one now ive took the plunge and gone self employed can any one recommend one ive been told the new testo is the dogs gonads ;)

Sponsored Links
I've got a sprint 2000. fine whilst it works but been back for repair 5 times under warranty :rolleyes: Hope the 3000 is more reliable ;)

I think that all fga's are ok but not designed for use by the likes of us in the field :eek:

gas4you said:
I've got a sprint 2000. fine whilst it works but been back for repair 5 times under warranty :rolleyes: Hope the 3000 is more reliable ;)

I think that all fga's are ok but not designed for use by the likes of us in the field :eek:

are you insinuating im not competent :eek: :eek:

howay man please, so the sprint eh. ive been talked into the testo 330 with a 5 yr warranty from plumbcentre anyone else recommend it

timmy74 said:

Where did you get this from :confused:

I was saying I think my Sprint 2000 is crap and hoped the 3000 series was better :rolleyes:

I'll have a tail of cod with that chip on your shoulder :LOL:

My Sprint 2000 started blowing rather than sucking :eek: :eek: .

When I rang up to see if they could do anything to it I was told it was best to bin it and get a new one as the repair cost would be huge. :evil:

gas4you said:
timmy74 said:

Where did you get this from :confused:

I was saying I think my Sprint 2000 is rubbish and hoped the 3000 series was better :rolleyes:

I'll have a tail of cod with that chip on your shoulder :LOL:

you'll be lucky the sea is running dry of cod :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: sorry i misunderstood your previous post ;)

Hi Oilman, I had the same fault constantly with my first kane 400, and when it was only 18months young only a few months after it's first callibraton which was late, it died irrecoverably outside the guarantee period.

I have met another Kane 400 owner who has also experienced buttons not responding and has ent his back for said repair a few times too.

I ought a BW Gasprobe the buttons work correctly, it is faster to turn on and off, but the manometer part is only acurate to 0.2mb, so a better manometer is sometimes required.

I have a new Kane 400 (I had to take it for wages doing caravan lgsc's) which is without fault at the moment, just maybe they are using better components?

so btw guys which one do i buy :LOL: all seem roughly same price anywhere from 400-800 :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back