are there rednecks in the UK?

Reaction score
Country
United States
examples from Jeff Foxworthy......you know you're a redneck....
if you lit a match in the bathroom(loo?) and your house exploded right off its wheels!

Sponsored Links
"Local people" - from a popular dark comedy called "The League of Gentlemen". These are people from small communities who don't like outsiders and have never left their village of birth and so are inbred.

I thought rednecks in the US looked like these:

Sponsored Links
naw....top one is just "dressin up", 2nd is "hill billy"-not the same and 3 is close...but generally referred to as trailer folk......if these weren't actors, it would be real close

What is the difference between redneck and hillbilly then?

well, around here.......I'm not in the city...(Nashville)--this is the country...rednecks --you can spot em a mile away-they all drive trucks, they all own guns, they have a deer head on their wall (come to think of it, so does my best friend) the confederate flag is branded on their denim jackets and decorates the back window of their pickup.....hill billies on the other hand.....are like you described in your text......you don't ever see em....unless you got lost in the hills (something you don't want to do!)

Oh......and they always have names like Bubba, Junior or Bubba Jr....

We got sorta rednecks on the High Weald of Sussex+ Kent, and the Kent marshes........you`re ok to go amongst them..(not like Deliverance :eek: )

I spent the odd evening in a rifle club. The members were quite diverse, from all classes and walks of life, but there were some people we could only describe as red necks. They were dressed very much like those "trailer park folk" from the My Name Is Earl photo, drove Lada Sumaras (a cheap, Eastern European off-road vehicle) and kept on having fights over seemingly unimportant issues.

Course there are!!

Why do think you're always grinding to a halt on the motorway when there's a prang on the other side?

Oh, hang on, that's not rednecking, is it? :oops: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back