ARISTON - CLAS He 30 - couple of issues - combi queries

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I wonder if anyone can advise.

and before anyone says I know its a rubbish boiler - personally Id have gone for a valiant which I will never time.

Firstly the boiler has not been serviced in ages - Ariston want £95 to service it - ( it sounds like they do nothing when they service it at all so wondered what the benefit of this is???)

Its never been a great boiler from day 1, always have the central heating and hot water upto the max - where as most boilers you might have them half way - why would this be the case with this boiler? ( its only operating hot water in a one bed flat with 6 radiators)

The boiler is in a flat with the supply meter on the outside wall which is about 2 meters away from the boiler - the supply that comes into the flat is a 22mm pipe I think but then it reduces to a 15mm pipe to the boiler? Could this effect things bearing in mind the 15mm pipe is only about a meters worth of pipe with a few bends and I know combi's are supposed to have 22mm to the boiler but a plumber said because it was so close the pressure would be fine and it would not affect performance?

I get an error code 504 and normally just reset and it seems to work but wondered if there was a reason for this.

As mentioned its been in about 7 years, never been great, always turned up to the max which I never thought was normal although in its defence its never really broken down - just limped along.

The hotwater to the mixer shower ( mira 915a) does seem to fluctuate in the pipe from hot to luke warm and wondered why this would be? Is this a problem with the boiler -

The other day I did reduce the amount of cold water that was leading to the shower and this does seem to have helped keep the water a bit warmer.

So to re- cap:

Benefits of an ariston service at £95?

Could the 1 meter 15mm gas supply to boiler affect its ability to produce heat and this is why its always on max?

The error code 504?

Really appreciate any advise.

Sponsored Links
The 15 mm pipe will have no effect.

An independent will service it for more like £65. But servicing should be scheduled for summertime when we are less busy.

You can look up error code 504 in the boiler manual and will see that its caused by flame lift off. This would usually be fixed by a proper service!

Servicing maintains correct settings and combustion performance and identifies any problems like internal leaks at an earlier stage before the boiler breaks down or damage is caused by leaking water.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back