Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I am looking for some advice please. I have an Ariston Clas HE 30 boiler which is currently unable to detect the flame (error code 501). The first few times a reset managed to resolve the fault, but this no longer works. An engineer has suggested that there is a sub-board to the main unit that requires replacing (at a cost of nearly £325 for the part only) but I cannot find the part in the manual (nor can I remember whether he was actually explicit about the name of the part). Indeed, the main PCB only seems to be £150. He did suggest that the components can burn out.
This would lead me to believe that it is an electrode or a sub-PCB (if so, which one?). I can find both the ignition and ionisation electrodes, their associated cables and the igniter (spark generator). Is there anything else that could be causing the fault? Is it possible that the whole exchanger needs replacing (the only part that is in the region of the cost I have been quoted). If so, that was definitely not mentioned.
Having already had the fault mis-diagnosed once, I am wary about paying for such an expensive part (plus labour) if there still could be another explanation. Equally, if it is any of the parts above that I have listed, they are all less than £33, and looking at the manual, fairly straightforward to replace.
If anyone can offer any advice, it would be much appreciated. Thank you for your time.
Andy.

Sponsored Links
If anyone can offer any advice, it would be much appreciated. Thank you for your time.
Andy.

Get a decent engineer out.

Sounds like you are being bent over if it £325 for a "sub" board only. Labour on top then £500 all in?

Get a second opinion. It seems like a simple issue but obviously not there to test.

Jon

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back