Ariston Combi A Woes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I have had the odd issue with my old Ariston over the last few years. Specifically, water running hot and cold.

I had the secondary heat exchanger replaced last year, and it seemed to have cured the problem with a nice uninterpreted stream of hot water at the bath tap. I also fitted a Fernox TF1 filter to the return.

However, the problem has re-emerged. However, i suspect the root of this fault is different.

I waited for the system to go cold overnight. then switched on the hot tap. No hot water at the tap, but the flow to the radiators was warm. With my limited knowledge, this suggests a problem with the diverter valve.

So I lifted off the motorised head, and pushed the pin in and out a few times. It was surprisingly stiff. I got the Mrs to switch the hot tap on and off with the motorised head off and I can clearly see the pin inside the head moving ok.

I put the motorised head back on, and i can get some hot water from the tap.

Q1. Should there be much resistance on the pin labelled 506 in the diagram below.

Q2. Do you think this is the likely culprit, and should it be replaced? or can it be serviced?

I suspect the rubber has also perished on the end of the cartridge, which is probably letting water by, which could also explain why the hot water is coming on and off? Or am i just talking nonsense

Many thanks for any suggestions.

Adrian

upload_2017-1-18_10-10-50.png

Sponsored Links
Is the head definitely motoring with demand? If it is then a new DV cartridge would be the most likely cure

Many thanks muggles,
head definitely motoring on demand. So will do a new dv cartridge.

cheers
A

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back