Ariston micro combi - hot water but no heating?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Boiler make - Ariston "Micro Combi" 23kw gas

I came home from work yesterday to find that my radiators weren't warm despite the timer indicating that they should be on. Thinking the pilot light may be out, I checked that and it's fine. We have hot water and plenty of it on demand with the boiler cranking up immediately as soon as I turn on a tap but just no heating.

The pressure is fine at 1.5 bar and the thermostat is set to it's regular temperature. I've tried adjusting it down low or high with no result.

Does anyone have any hints on anything I can check before I call out a heating engineer?

Many thanks for any help or advice,

Leon

Sponsored Links
When you override the timer, does the boiler do anything at all like fan starting, clicking, etc?

Hi Ben,

The boiler does not react at all to the thermostat being adjusted. The switch itself clicks as I pass the 18 degree mark but the boiler itself remains silent.

Thanks for your interest and help!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back