Ariston Micro-Combi

A

AndyMiller

Do all the ariston combis have a diverter valve or is it a DHW flow switch ?! does anyone know ?

Sponsored Links
they should have both! flow switch to detect demand for hw and diverter valve to direct primary water to the plate heat ex.

thing is i went to the job, (only hot water when heating turned on)
i thought oh aye must be diverter valve, looked at boiler and instructions and said nothing about diverter valve. so must be DHW flow switch. but after looking on here and few other websites tonight apparently every ariston has a diverter valve

An Ariston I went to today (and declared scrap) didn't have a diverter valve.
It had a DEVIATION BODY :eek: :eek: !

Sponsored Links
Don’t know the micro combi, but all aristons I have seen had diverters, whatever name they may have given to them.

Micro-Combi has no diverter valve :D

What was the problem?

Just that it had no hot water, well it did but only when CH was on demand.....

You wanna be looking at the flow switch then as you said. iirc its just a paddle type with two wires. So link out to prove or use measure resistance through it.

yea i done all that mate, its defo the DHW Flow switch that is the problem, but it just got to me when i looked at the website and it said the Ariston Combis all have diverter valves...i thought i was losing it ! but obv not,

That's because the MicroCombi (wit a bi-thermal heat exchanger) is an obsolete boiler.

For your reference you may also find the boiler labeled up as an MTS Excalibre.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back