Ariston microgenus 27 mffi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, Can anybody help, I run the heating or hot water the boiler ignites and after 5 second cuts out. The red light is then on after resetting the same problem happens.

Sponsored Links
It seems the boiler is failing to detect the flame ( thats if its really lighting! ).

Could be th PCB or a vast number of other things which need a gas registered engineer.

Tony

Hi. Thanks for your reply, the boiler is igniting the big blue flame indicates this. Can the flame detection device be checked without opening the boiler up. I have a new boiler being fitted in 6 weeks so I do not want a great expense of having this repaired if it's something simple. Thanks

You can try to hear the sparking sound before it locks out. If the sparking stops before the lock out, it could be something else. Not much chance though.

Sponsored Links
Its probably the PCB at fault but there are some simple cheap causes within the combustion chamber which a competent gas engineer could check.

These dont seem very reliable boilers judging by the number I get called to.

Tony

Thanks to all, Can the flame detection device be tested in situ if I put a volt meter on the lead what should it read. I am reading about 0.75v but am I testing it correctly. Thanks again

O.k Thanks everybody..... problem solved by process of elimination turned out to be a small split in the compensator pipe. Thanks again.

www.heatweb.com/pdf/Ariston/microgenus_servicing.pdf Section 1.4.3

Ah, had not thought of that bit. I call it: "the dufa that goes from A to B."
Guess that was not the correct name then. :D
Don't think I have ever seen one of those pop.
Did it look like mechanical damage? Dried out? Melted?

As that only provides a reference pressure for the gas valve then I dont see how it should have caused any fault!

If the flue is a little longer then the case pressure can be a little different from the ambient inside the building.

I suspect there may be another underlying misadjustment fault!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back