Ariston Microgenus 27 MFFI?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Chaps,

The boiler lights OK, but switches off as if it had failed to light, red LED lit. The same thing happens when only half the burners light (once in a while we have to press reset) but now it fails even when all the burners light. I figured it was the thermocouple, so dismantled the case to look for it.

There are three electrodes sitting in front, at the centre of the burner, the two on the right seem to produce the ignition spark, the one on the left seems to sit in the actual gas jet flame, where I would expect to find a thermocouple. Trouble is, it doesn't look like any thermocouple I've seen before, it looks like any standard pizoelectric electrode, although it's electrical connection comes from the actual control circiut board, as opposed to the other two electrodes which are connected to the pizo circiut gen thingy.

The electrode on the left seems the most probable culprit, it also has a spade connector to make removal easy, which the other two seem to lack as they look directly wired into the pizo circiut.

Q. is this the thermocouple? (I have one on order at plumbcentre, they called it an electrode) or does it do the job of a thermocouple?

If not where is the thermocouple?

What else could it be?

All burners light, but the boiler fails on timeout. The two electrodes on the right spark away merrily during the ignition phase, the boiler lights, but fails on timeout. Press re-set, all burners light again, then boiler fails on timeout.

Cheers for any insight;)

EDIT ~~: everything else seems to be working correctly, pump comes on, flu fan on etc.

Pumpy

Sponsored Links
its the flame detection electrode

Cool, Cheers Kevplumb, no wonder I couldn't find a thermocouple:eek:

Would it be safe to assume the mainboard is suspect if I replace said electrode and it still fails?

Cheers,

Pumpy

[/quote]

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back