Ariston microgenus 27MFFI diverter motor clip rusty

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all. I'm new to the forum, but have been lurking in the background picking up very helpful tips, while I fix my Ariston boiler which is giving very luke warm water. I've narrowed the problem down to the 3 way valve (i think), as when I tested the system by running the hot tap, the radiators warmed up.
I have changed the diaphragm, as this is often the culprit, but want to take a look at the motor that sits on top of it, as there seems to be a bit of a leak coming from the joint / rusty clip.
I'm concerned that I'm going to bust something while getting this rusty clip out. I've put a drop of penetrating oil on it, but no better. Any tips from those of you with experience with these things? I've got a new clip for when I get the rusty one off. Many thanks in anticipation

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back