Artex - How to remove?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ok we're moving into a house that some idiot had artexed the whole hall and stairway and top landing. huge area.

Now been told i can re-skim this, but also told i can remove it (with a wallpaper remover) and then redo it that way.

But the latter is a even bigger job, and far messer.

Has anyone had this, and what did you do to get out of it?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi just had the same problem as yourself. Whole house top to bottom artexed, walls and ceilings. Just completely redecorating the lounge. We used a wallpaper steamer to get some of it off, but eventually because it is an old property we batoned the wall out, put up new plaster boards and had plasterers in to re plaster. Did this on walls and ceiling much easier in the long run and not too expensive. Also creates a cavity which we did not have before. Good luck, either way you are going to be busy and I know :( how you are feeling

wenroc said:
, either way you are going to be busy and I know :( how you are feeling

no they wont and no you dont, they have finished by now that was origonaly posted in May!, but welcome to the forums

Sponsored Links
Ok update

we moved in July time, so got a plasterer and he re-skimmed the whole walls, excellent job.

But also like the idea on batans and then plaster boards.

Took over 3 weeks to re-plaster the whole house

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back