Artex

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an awful lot of artex that I can stand no longer. What is the best thing to do to get rid. It is in waves rather than the speckaled if you know what I mean.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for that.

I did try the search facility but nothing came up.

Still do not know what to do. Do not want to batton the walls as I would have to remove and re-plumb radiators. I may try sanding first, see how messy that gets or even use a steamer. Have to start somewhere

Sponsored Links
I'm in the process of having a hole fixed in my artex ceiling. I'm currently having the material analysed to see if it contains any ASBESTOS as this will determine how the ceiling will be fixed and who's going to do it. I'd rather know if it contains ASBESTOS before I give the job to anyone. Under no circumstances would I allow someone to start sanding it down (in my bedroom!) without knowing this.

Do a search in www.google.co.uk with words 'removing artex asbestos' and see what comes up.

I have deicided to overboard it all. It seems to be the easiest and safest solution

seph said:
I have deicided to overboard it all. It seems to be the easiest and safest solution

Agree!! or skim. Surveyors say paint it, cover it, will be more dangerous to disturb. Unless you are planning to rip into it.:cool:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back