Arthroscopy Of The Knee

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has anybody here had an arthroscopy of the knee?

Been to see my consultant this morning and he wants to operate next week. I was just wondering what the recovery time is like, eg driving, walking etc etc?

Sponsored Links
Depends what's being done. Is he just having a look round or hacking bits out. Ask your doc.

All depends on what's being done.
Major ligament repair - a few days (depending). General tidyup and cartlidge repair, the physio will have you up and down the stars within 2-3 hours.
It will probably ache for a day or two depending how much digging the do.

You won`t worry about recovery time - they`ll feel so much better straight away :p . had mine done a few years ago

Sponsored Links
What problem have you got? My right knee is starting to play up.

when you say arthroscopy, do you mean "having a look" rather than carrying out repairs?

I've had it, they made a small hole each side above the kneecap, inflated it with saline and poked a small camera inside.

No ill effect that I can see, and one stitch in each hole. The holes less than a quarter inch across. I was not paying attention at the time for other reasons.

Didn't you once have a near fatal car crash? I'm sure you posted piccies of it.

that's why I wasn't paying attention to the knee exam.

From what I remember your legs were pretty smashed up.

The consultant said I have torn cartilage, slight damage to the tendon and a cyst caused by damage.

I've had an MRI so i'm assuming he will be repairing the damage, he had the scan of my knee up on his computer and was pointing to different parts.

Well from the replies it sounds like the recovery should be pretty quick!

What did you actually do to get the damage in the first place?

What did you actually do to get the damage in the first place?

I twisted it in work one night, no pain until about 6 hours later.

I used to play rugby and he has told me the damage has been there a while, but since I twisted it, it has just got worse and now needs sorting.

Sponsored Links
Back