Artificial grass finish height

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Im fitting artificial grass next to my patio. im not sure at what height I should fit it. im usong 30mm pile height grass. do I finish my base 30mm below the patio so it runs seamlessly into the patio... but it will settle down and end up below the patio height.

or do I finish the base almost level with the patio and then have the grass proud, or do I do it somewhere in between.

advise would be welcome asap.

Sponsored Links
Leave 1-2 inch gap between grass and patio it won't matter then, real grass normally gets edged in this way

Im wanting it to fun straight into the patio, no gaps, I would imaging the grass pile should be slightly proud of the the finished patio level.

Sponsored Links
Surely the level should be where it provide a seamless join between the two areas - ie: no step? I would want to be able to put half a foot on the patio and half on the "grass" without falling over.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back