Asbestos roof tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Looking for some advice. My house has a slate roof. Some of the slates are natural but some (on an older part) are man-made and probably contain asbestos. Obviously asbestos is something that people worry about. However, i've read that asbestos roof slates are not considered a hazard and that it's only a problem if the dust is released (i.e. that they are smashed up). My question is, is what i've read fair assessment or should I be looking to overhaull the slates. If I go for the replacement option, is it expensive to have them disposed? I assume that there are loads of houses like this given how widespread the use of asbestos was in the building trade!

Thanks for any help,
Steve

Sponsored Links
Some skip companies will supply an asbestos removal skip. 3 to 4 times the cost of a standard skip.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back