ATAG IC Economiser 35 - Newly installed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
First time installing one of these puppies, and in my own home.

Thanks to my mate Jamie for the help on Saturday.

Very impressed so far, with the product. A couple of niggles with the design and install process but nothing that will pose problems for future installs, maintenance & repairs.

Now just waiting to see if it lives up to its claim as Europe's most efficient boiler!

Certainly liking the ATAG-ONE wifi connected roomstat/programmer.

Sponsored Links
why are you not in the combustion chamber, where this post might not be seen as advertising.

The new ATAG range is proving to be a wise choice for us as a company. The only niggle we have found so far is the wall jig, it could do with an additional ridgid brace at the bottom to help keep everything inline (easy to deal with though). Otherwise fantastic design, extremely easy to get to everything and excellent heating, hot water performance and yes the new ATAG one smart control is awesome. A true engineers boiler. Well done ATAG!!

Sponsored Links
Yep, the jig was the main issue... Good idea for site installs where other trades are going in after piping up etc etc, but they could do with putting a label on it warning against over tightening fixings, especially on an uneven wall as this would skew jig frame out of true and tolerances are that tight, even the slightest deformation makes coupling up tricky and also fitting the front cover where the airtight seal is made has to be millimetre perfect.

A clearer warning about the unit containing testing water would be useful to lol. Not one stuck underneath where you can't see it until it's on the jig. Luckily I have wooden floors where it is fitted :confused:

As you say... Well done ATAG.
By engineers, for engineers!

I'm looking into getting an iC Economiser 27 but I can't find a price anywhere. I'm also considering what I assume is its predecessor, the A325EC. Would be ok with a less powerful boiler but I like the idea of the flue gas heat recovery system.

Can anyone advise on how much the 27 is inc VAT?

You can only purchase the new ATAG range from RGI. They are the only people with the price list. No prices will be made available online or for any plumbing merchants.

I get that Atag won't sell to the general public but since you guys have first hand experience, you might know what the purchase price is. I'm leaning towards A325EC as I assume that the 27 will be well into the 1000s but I don't know for sure

The hidden pricing was a bone of contention for me too... I posted to this group some time ago about it. I have no issue with only ATAG account holders (who are also RGIs) being able to purchase one, but, surely ATAG are shooting themselves in the foot because clued up homeowners should be able to consider having one, compare prices and then source an ATAG account holder to purchase and install!

I did notice your other thread dilalio which is why I was hoping you might have found a price. My builder's RGI is suggesting Vaillant so I'm not sure if he would be willing to go through the hassle of sourcing an Atag. I can buy the A series model online myself and ask him to fit it but I'm not sure if I'll get the 5 year warranty that way.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back